NEW Ontario Grants for Home Retrofit
Did you hear that the ontario government has released a new initiative to support home owners looking to retrofit their home? That’s right! As part of the initiative, you have access to:
- up to $600 for a home evaluation and expert advice so you can begin to plan your retrofits
- up to $5,000 total to help you make energy efficiency retrofits to your home
Across this summer 2021, an interest-free loan program will provide homeowners up to $40,000 to help complete deep home retrofits. This loan program will help make initiatives like the Canada Greener Homes Grant accessible to more homeowners. This aligns to Windtek’s commitment to energy efficiency Windows and Doors via our Energy Star program. We are one of the few companies that extrude our own vinyl, which allows us to make a 100% Canadian made product compared to our competitors. Our 30,000 sqft factory in Woodbridge uses modern robotic technology for increased precision.
Who Is Eligible?
Eligible homeowners in Canada regardless of where they live, can participate in the initiative. Only one homeowner per home can register. You will be required to:
- provide proof of ownership with your property tax bill number (this number can be found on your municipal property documents)
- demonstrate the property is your primary residence through either a drivers license or government issued ID (with address), or utility bill
- These applicants may be eligible to register multiple homes, including homes that are not the owner’s primary residence.
What Properties are Eligible?
- Single and semi-detached houses
- Row housing
- All-season cottages
- Mobile homes on a permanent foundation
- Permanently-moored floating homes
- Mixed use buildings (residential portion only)
- Small multi-unit residential building (three storeys or less with a footprint of 600m2 or less)
Naturally there is going to be a few things you need to be mindful of when it comes to getting started with this exciting new program. In order to get started with this initiative home owners must:
- complete a pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation
- complete at least one retrofit that is both eligible and recommended by your energy advisor in their report.
- provide and keep copies of all of your documents until March 31, 2028.
All products must be purchased in Canada. Online purchases are only eligible if they are ordered from an online distributor located in Canada. Thankfully here WIndtek is 100% family-operated and Canadian, making 100% Canadian products since 1979.
Seen enough and excited about the new Ontario grant? We are too. Here is our checklist to success to help you get started:
- Learn About The Initiative
- Register and Book Your Pre-Retrofit evaluation
- Plan, document, and Complete your project
- Book your post evaluation and apply for reimbursements
- Receive your $$$
Your retrofits have an impact
Improving your home’s energy efficiency is one of the best ways you can reduce greenhouse gas emissions and fight climate change. By making home retrofits, you will help Canada meet its 2030 climate change commitments and significantly contribute to Canada’s goal of achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
Be proud of what you have accomplished with your home. Use the hashtag #CanadaGreenerHomes to share before and after photos of your energy-efficient retrofits!
Get a FREE Quote
Schedule a Free In Home consultation now.